Argentina operating facts
Argentina operating facts | XTO Energy
Argentina operating facts
ExxonMobil affiliates have been operating in Argentina for more than 100 years, and we have been part of the country’s oil and gas industry history since its early beginning.
Today, ExxonMobil in Argentina employs approximately 1,500 people through several Exxon Mobil Corporation affiliates: ExxonMobil Exploration Argentina S.R.L, Mobil Argentina S.A., and ExxonMobil Business Support Center Argentina S.R.L.
Since 2010, ExxonMobil Exploration Argentina has had a presence in the unconventional Vaca Muerta shale oil and shale gas play in the Neuquén Province, which is considered one of the most important unconventional resources in the world.
ExxonMobil Exploration Argentina holds interests in approximately 900,000 net acres in the unconventional play of the Vaca Muerta in Neuquén Province. We have drilled seven wells with our strategic partners and have recently progressed into the ExxonMobil operated program to explore for unconventional resources in the Bajo del Choique and La Invernada blocks, where the Company holds 85% interest and Oil and Gas Provincial Company of Neuquén holds the remaining 15%.
Mobil Argentina S.A (MASA), which is stewarded by ExxonMobil Production Company, holds 51% interest in the onshore field of Sierra Chata, Province of Neuquén, producing natural gas and condensates. Most of MASA’s natural gas is sold to a variety of local distribution companies, industrial users and power generation companies in Argentina.
The Business Support Center Argentina S.R.L is operated as part of the larger business support center network, which has centers strategically positioned around the world, and has provided services to different ExxonMobil affiliates in the Americas since 2004. Current services cover controllers, human resources, information technology, procurement, tax and global real estate and facilities.
Throughout all of our operations, ExxonMobil’s commitment and investment in technology enables us to develop innovative solutions to improve safety, minimize environmental impact and maximize resource value. We look to apply our global energy expertise and advanced drilling technology to explore unconventional oil and gas resources in a safe, efficient and environmentally responsible way. These activities also help create jobs and grow local economies.
ExxonMobil is committed to investing in the countries in which we operate, and in Argentina, our contributions are focused on education, health, safety and capacity building. ExxonMobil’s employees in Argentina support organizations such as Cimientos, Fundación Cruzada Patagónica, Enseña por Argentina, and the Technological University of Buenos Aires. Additionally, a group of voluntary employees formed the “Tigre Solidario” (Solidarity Tiger) project, coordinating and carrying out community service initiatives since 2004, such as the “Un Techo Para Mi País” (A Roof For My Country) program which brings shelter to low-income families.
ExxonMobil has also sponsored many cultural activities in Argentina, funding the most important orchestra and lyrical operas produced in the country, such as the majestic Teatro Colón, Buenos Aires Lírica and Fundación Bethoveen.
Exxon Mobil Corporation has numerous affiliates, with many names that include ExxonMobil, Exxon, Mobil, Esso and XTO. For convenience and simplicity those terms and terms such as Corporation, company, our, we and its are sometimes used as abbreviated references to specific affiliates or affiliate groups.